[ExchangeList] Errors: you do not have permission

  • From: "Steve Iltis" <siltis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:15:40 -0500

Hi,

Lately I have seen more "you do not have permission" messages in
Exchange/Outlook but I do not know why. Originally, I thought that the
problem was at the receiving end (instead of a problem at my end) but
since several users have brought this to my attention I am more
concerned. We are able to send most e-mails properly - only a few have
had this problem.

I have given two examples - and I also have the DNSReport.com report for
my site and 1 other listed below.

We have two Exchange servers - one of them is used primarily for
disaster recovery purposes.

Main Exchange server: Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2000.

Secondary Exchange server: Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003. [It is
always on but the site is separate.]

Example 1 error:

Relaying denied. Proper authentication required.

Example 2: In a separate incident last week:                    The
following recipient(s) could not be reached:

      rjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:rjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  on 04/06/2006 1:31 PM

assistance, contact your system administrator.

            <mecmail1.MEC.DOM #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for
rjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:rjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >

For brevity I have left out the DNSReports, but you can view them here.
The first one is for my company.

http://www.metalexchangecorp.com/home/DNS1.htm

The second one is for the company in Example 1.

http://www.metalexchangecorp.com/home/DNS2.htm

Thanks for any help any of you can give.

Steve Iltis
Metal Exchange Corporation
(314) 434-3500 x166