RE: Errors after removing last 5.5 server

  • From: James Hanna <jhanna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 15:01:45 -0600

I ran into this exact same problem today.  I did a migration over the
weekend to a new server and was seeing those types of errors on both
It ended up being a DNS issue (and since I don't have an internal DNS server
I did it the crude way).  First go to each server and look for that specific
error.  You'll see something like:

An interface error has occurred. An MtaBindBack over RPC has failed.
Locality Table (LTAB) index: 166, NT/MTA error code: 1722. Comms error
1722,   Bind error      0,      Remote Server Name NEWMAN, Protocol String[1045] [BASE IL INCOMING RPC 40 507] (14)

So from that server try to ping the exact string, in this case it is

Due to no internal DNS it was not resolving, so I added an entry on the host
file of that server referencing with the associated IP.
Then the ping worked successfully and I have not received a message like
that on EITHER server since 1PM MST...its now more than 2 hours later and
still nothing, when before they were coming up every 10 minutes.
Hope that helps!