Errors after applying Exchange SP2 and updating from Antigen 6.1 to 6.2 Windows 2000 SP2

  • From: "Marc Mearns" <Marc.Mearns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchange@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:14:02 +0100

User Group

Can any one please shed any light on this problem or point me in the right
direction.

We have upgraded Exchange 2000 SP1 to SP2 and now we are getting errors in the
Application event. These are:

Event 1040 "Metabase Update failed replication 5 times with error 80070490
(Element not found.). Please change the diagnostic logging level of
MSExchangeMU to 'minimum' or greater to find the source of the problem."

Event 1033 "The default recipient policy cannot be found. SMTP virtual servers
and HTTP-DAV virtual servers and virtual directories will not work properly."

Immediately after applying the SP2 we updated Sybari Antigen from version 6.1
to 6.2. The system now has given us the problem that the Exchange services will
not start automatically and only if you start the system attendant manually are
you able start the other Exchange services.

I have looked on TechNet and eventid and can not find any thing for the above
event id's. The above event id's look as if it could have been SP2 that caused
the MSEXCHANEMU errors as we did not wait 15 mins before the service kicked in.
I do feel that the sybari antigen has stopped the exchange services from
starting automatically.

Any constructive help would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Marc Mearns

Mobile - 07775-630508
Office  - 020 7695 0286

 the system manager ( postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ).

 The format of address is:  firstname.lastname@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 MAILsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

 J Sainsbury plc  (185647 England)
 Sainsbury's Supermarkets Limited  (3261722 England)

 Registered Offices:
 33 Holborn
 London
 EC1N 2HT