[ExchangeList] Error when i move exchange virtual instance on the cluster

  • From: Praveen Ramaswamy <ramaswamy_praveen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 23:35:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have exchange 2003 SP2 cluster Aactive/Active on windows 2003 sp1. When I do a move resource (Exchange virtual instance), outlook clients throws an error message saying ?administrator has done some changes need to close outlook and restart?. We have outlook 2003 (11.5608.5605) on most of the pc and I don?t get this error message on outlook (11.5608.6360). How can I solve this issue without updating outlook 2003 on all the PCs (In case the outlook version is the problem)?

Secondly when I move the resource ?Exchange routing resource? fails to come online on the next available node. However mails continue to flow for that exchange instance. What should I do to resolve this?

Regards
Praveen R