RE: Error from yahoo: wasn't able to establish an SMTP connection. (#4.4.1)

  • From: John Mason <John.Mason.Jr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 02:26:15 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark M. Friedman [mailto:mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 12:55 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Error from yahoo: wasn't able to establish an
SMTP connection. (#4.4.1)

http://www.MSExchange.org/

1. John I appreciate your concern but it is a VERY temporary solution for
the moment, I do plan on getting a reliable firewall for all locations but
you also have to realize that some of these sites are on a limited budget
and sometimes you have to do what you can, and kinda "McGuyver" it.  Besides
the Linksys has a "builtin" firewall.  Anyways aside from the secuirty
issues what could possibly be prohibitong yahoo email from arriving to these
clients?

Check http://www.smoothwall.org <http://www.smoothwall.org>  for a good
firewall if you have an old PC handy

Do you have a way to monitor traffic like ethereal, http://www.ethereal.org
<http://www.ethereal.org>  then you could capture the conversation between
the two servers, to try and isolate the specific cause.

John Tolmachoff  hit the nail on the head though, something (ICF, or
Linksys) is blocking the ability of other smtp servers making the connection
so it is better to fix the real cause of the problem

John Mason