Error: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook

  • From: "AdrianB" <adrianb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 13:02:30 +1100

We use Exchange 2003 Enterprise and Office 2003 SBE.

I have recently installed Office 2003 SBE on a new laptop.
If I create a new Profile that conencts to the Exchange server I receive the

"Cannot start microsoft office outlook. unable to open the outlook window.
the set of folders could not be opened. could not complete the operation.
one or more parameter values are not valid."

However, If I create a profile that uses a PST file then Outlook opens.

I have recreated the profiles, as well as re-installing Office to no avail.

I havde also read the KB article,
however, I did not install Office  from a Windows Installer transform (MST
file), so it does not seem applicable.

Any ideas would be appreciated.