[ExchangeList] Re: Error 550 Relaying Mail

  • From: Jason Davis <JDavis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 10:50:01 -0700

I think you hit the nail on the head.  Thanks for responding to my mail and
taking the time to explain your problems - much appreciated!

As I mentioned below, I've not encountered ANY problems sending to other
domains EXCEPT for paragoncommunities.com, who have recently switched to
Time Warner.  You mentioned the DNS timeouts.....  Well, that would make
sense since I will get an NDR (550 relay error) on my first attempt at
sending mail.  But, on subsequent attempts, the mail will successfully go
through!!  It's hit or miss, but eventually the mail will get there.

Time Warner is not willing to even begin to investigate things on their end.
They simply state that I MUST use their SMTP server to send outgoing mail.