Envelope Rewrite Sink With Exchange 2003 SP2

  • From: "William Holmes" <wtholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 23:09:32 -0500

I have an event sink that rewrites envelope addresses in the form of
user+something@xxxxxxxxxxxx to user@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Where anything between the
+ and the @ is considered a comment. Under Exchange 2003 SP2 with Recipient
Filtering Enabled with Filter Recipients who are not in the directory enabled
this filter does not work. The question I have is can I hook an my event sink
into the SMTP server prior to the Recipient Filter so the address is
rewritten prior to the Recipient Filter's check.

I register the sink using the smtpreg.vbs script from Microsoft using the
following command.

cscript smtpreg.vbs /add 1 onarrival AddressRewrite CDO.SS_SMTPOnArrivalSink
"Mail FROM=*"

Could someone suggest where to register a sink that can work in the way I
would like it to.