Enterprise upgrade?!?

  • From: "Brandon F. Lockhart" <blockhart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 18:13:21 -0400

All,

   My company has a license for Exchange 2000 Enterprise.  When we installed,
the only installation media we had was not the Enterprise version of Exchange.
Upon realizing this (we didn't know we had Enterprise licensed), we realized we
needed to upgrade.  We have been holding off until we received the correct
media.

   Now comes the question.  When I insert the Exchange 2000 Enterprise media
into the CD-ROM drive, the AUTORUN kicks up, and I am prompted to install
Exchange 2000 Enterprise.  I choose this option, accept the terms and
conditions, and then enter in the CD KEY.  Upon entering the CD KEY, I am then
forced into a component selection window.  The top-level only has two options,
"---" and "none".  I am not prompted to upgrade, nor can I select sub
components for upgrade.  I can not continue as the "Back" button has been
deactivated.  Is there something special I have to do to install this version
of Exchange?

   The current setup is Exchange 2000 (Standard), with SP2, and Windows 2000
Server, with SP2.  On the machine I also have Symantec's AntiVirus for
Microsoft Exchange 2.5.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-- Brandon Lockhart