RE: Enterprise Email Architecture (Distributed Datacentre vs. Single Datacentre)

  • From: "Shevill, Mark M SITI-ITDCE22" <Mark.Shevill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 06:55:24 +0100

Not too sure on what you mean by entry points? If this is mail coming
from external to internal, then there are a number of ways that this
could be done. Setting up front end servers in a DMZ with a cname entry
for the servers on the internet would allow fault tolerance. Have mail
server setup in the east and one in the west. The number of front end
servers would depend on the amount of mail you expect to receive.

I think ISA is another option to have in there also but we haven't used
this although plenty in this forum appear to have.

Mark Shevill
IMG Messaging Technical Lead

Tel: +44 161 435 8709 Fax: +44 161 933 3502 Other Tel: +44 7932 625510
Email: Mark.Shevill@xxxxxxxxx
Internet: http://www.shell.com <http://www.shell.com/>

  _____