Re: Endless Mail Queues

  • From: <paul_lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:32:59 +0100

Hi Abdalla

I think I know what is happening here. I had a similar problem but not
nearly so nasty as yours seems to be. I reckon your Exchange server is
constantly trying to resend the message to at least one client that will not
accept it because of its size. However, rather than being rejected by the
remote server it just drops the SMTP connection hence your server just keeps
retrying constantly. To make matters worse the message will just keep coming
and going from the queue. The clue is that although the message appears to
have left the SMTP queue for that domain never disappears despite appearing
empty and shows as constantly active.

The only way I could stop it was to turn off my firewall. At this point
could see the message just sitting in the outbound queue and was able to
delete it.

Hope that helps. Get back to me if I can help further.

Regards,

Paul Lemonidis.