Encryption

  • From: "Stelley, Douglas" <dstelley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 09:20:04 -0400

Good morning gentleman,

    I am running Exchange 2003 Fe/be on a Win2003 server(s) in a 2003
Active Directory domain. The Exchange Servers have GFI's Mail Essentials
v10 & Mail Security v8 running on them. All good so far.

    Any thoughts on how to automatically encrypt outgoing mail?

    I found some links claiming GFI could encrypt mail, but I have the
latest GFI products and I think that functionality has been removed.

    When I ran Exchange 2000 I could do it through Exchange but there
was some User interaction involved.

    My best case scenario has me doing auto encryption without user
involvement in selected (or maybe all) cases.

    My users are a very mixed breed, some highly skilled, others poke
the mouse with their finger tips thinking they are going to get bit or
something.

    I work in a healthcare field and I need to protect patient privacy,
so mail encryption is going to be required for all users who may need to
send names etc through email, but I dread going to hundreds of users to
help them set up etc...

Ideas?

the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any release, dissemination,
have received this communication in error please notify the author immediately
by replying to this message and deleting the original message. Thank you.