[ExchangeList] Re: Enabling Active sync

  • From: "Jason Sherry" <Jason.Sherry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 07:14:31 -0600

If you already have your public cert(s) for SSL support on your ISA
server, for your domain name, you should be able to get ActiveSync
working in a day.  But I would say one day to configure and another to
test and verify.  You should also look at setting up the ActiveSync Web
Admin page:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e6851d23-d145-4
dbf-a2cc-e0b4c6301453&DisplayLang=en and testing it too.

The thing that takes the most time is getting a hold of the mobile
devices to configure them to use ActiveSync.  The configuration steps
are too difficult for most users I have found.

Jason Sherry
Messaging Architect, MCSE: M, Microsoft MVP