  • From: "Joupin" <me@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 19:56:08 +0330

Email being recived to an account but not the correct name?Hi
I have  a serius problem in here
there is an exchange server 2000 with sp3 on the windows 2000 (sp4) machine
I notice a grow of BadMail directory unexpectly ( around 500,000 badmails just
in a week .
relay of the server were closed and nothing can be relay throw it . but when I
just start the SMTP service suddenly lots of badmails flow in its directory and
at the same time I don`t see any active current connection and the IP of source
changed time to time using an sniifer no help !
Please let me know

1. Is it a kind of DoS Attack or spam ?
so what can I do ?

Any fast respond appreciated