Emails sent to us are bounced back. Why???

  • From: "Norov Jagvaral" <jnorov@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 15:45:16 +0800

I have installed Exchange Server 2000 on Windows 2000. Several weeks ago, we
had a huge amount of spam emails. Then installed Mail essentials for Exch
2000 and changed some settings such as indicating only our users are accepted
on SMTP connector. Also, unchecked relaying. And so on.

But, i have discovered that we cannot recieve emails from someone. Sending
email is no problem. Recieving from yahoo.com and hotmail.com is no problem.
But we did not recieve emails from someone. They said that emails sent to us
are bounced back. I asked one of them to sent me undelivery report and said:

451 4.4.1 "The following addresses had non-fatal errors -"[my address]"
reply: read error from mail.ourdomainname.org

deferred: connection reset by mail.ourdomainname.org

PLEASE GIVE ME ANY IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS.

Regards,
Norov