RE: Emails in OWA

  • From: "Kelli Irwin" <kirwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 16:20:22 -0500

Hi William,

I had that problem when I first took over this network.  We were getting the
same thing, the frames would load but no data.  Our problem was that OWA/IIS
sends out large packets and some servers/routers aren't able to handle that
size packet.  The Server/router can't fragment the packet because OWA/IIS sets
the DF flag (Do not fragment).  The Server/router then sends back an ICMP
packet (I believe it is type 3 code 4) asking for OWA/IIS  to fragment the
packet and resend.  Unfortunately, ISA was blocking the inbound ICMP packets.
Make sure ISA is not blocking the inbound ICMP packets.  You can check you logs.

Kelli