E-mails are being generated from unknown senders

  • From: Deshwal Chand <CDD@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange List (E-mail)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 17:25:27 +0530

Dear List,

I am running Exchangr 5.5 sp4 onNT4 sp6a (128bit). I have secured the server
against spam (What I think). But whenever I check the outbound queue in the
IMS, there lots of ambigous e-mails being seen.

An example is:

A mail message could not be sent because the following host is unknown:

The message that caused this notification was:

      To:       <bounce-110205856-2580@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:bounce-110205856-2580@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >
      From:     <>
      Subject:  Undeliverable: Need $24,000 in 24 hours?

I don't know where these mail are being generated from.

Any Ideas....

Chand Deshwal (M.Tech CS&E, MCSE, CCNA)
IT Manager
Kampsax India (P) Ltd.,