Email slowness

  • From: "Kenny Mann" <Kennymann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ExchangeList" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 11:06:46 -0600

A long time ago I was having problems with a user having email problems,
it would take hours, days, or possibly weeks to receive some emails. I
have narrowed it down to his computer. OWA works (it shows all his
email, even though his desktop may not show it). I've tried the security
policy settings modifications (3 Domain Member: Digitally Encrypt, etc)
that Steve Moffat suggested, and they seemed to work. A couple weeks
later, things seem to be happening again, but not as bad (seemingly).
One of the weird things is that if he opens up an email (any, even
already read emails), then he will receive all emails from the server
that he hasn't already received.
It's as if he's having problems talking to the server.
This occassioanlly happens to other people, although very rare for them
(seemingly).
He is running Windows XP, fully updated with Office XP.
Seemingly all the people seeing this problem have Windows 2K or Windows
XP. Some of them use Office 97, while others use Office XP.
Other parts of the network (IE: Internet, FTP, etc) seem to work happily
with no problems.
The computers seem to be fairly powerful (Above 1ghz, >= 256MB of
memory). Out of 40 people, only 1 person experiances this on a
semi-regular basis, while a total of 2 or 3 people have shared his
experience with their accounts.

Any suggestions?
Is it possible, there is something funky with his Active Directory
account, perhaps?

--Kenny Mann