RE: Email monitoring software

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 11:56:26 -0400

I would recommend e-nspect from www.e-nspect.com

Mark Fugatt
MCT, MCSE, Microsoft Exchange MVP
Pentech Office Solutions Inc
Tel:  585 586 3890
Cell: 585 576 4750
Fax:  585 249 0316
www.4mcts.com
www.exchangetrainer.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Kerman Jasavala [mailto:Kerman.Jasavala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 11:52 AM
To: [ExchangeList]

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Hi All,

Does anyone know of some good email monitoring software?

Ideally what we want to do is analyse the size of mailboxes (in order to try
and enforce mailbox management) and also monitor the emails our staff are
sending.

We do not need to know the exact content of the emails but the sender,
recipients and subject lines would be good (this way we can identify if
people are abusing business resources for personal use)

Also any analysis on the types of attachments being sent would be good,
along with some sort of scheduled and interactive reporting.

We've trialled a product called Mailmeter but I want to know if there is
anything else available.

We are an Exchange 2000 Site with 4 mail servers and approximately 4000
clients.