Email monitoring software

  • From: "Kerman Jasavala" <Kerman.Jasavala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 16:52:24 +0100

Hi All,

Does anyone know of some good email monitoring software?

Ideally what we want to do is analyse the size of mailboxes (in order to
try and enforce mailbox management) and also monitor the emails our
staff are sending.

We do not need to know the exact content of the emails but the sender,
recipients and subject lines would be good (this way we can identify if
people are abusing business resources for personal use)

Also any analysis on the types of attachments being sent would be good,
along with some sort of scheduled and interactive reporting.

We've trialled a product called Mailmeter but I want to know if there is
anything else available.

We are an Exchange 2000 Site with 4 mail servers and approximately 4000
clients.