RE: Email issues

  • From: Robby Lim <robby_lim23@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 22:47:31 -0700 (PDT)

thanks Mike,

i'll do the checking, pls keep in touch i am still a newbie at mail
troubleshooting.

Robby

"A. M. Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.MSExchange.org/

Hello Robby,

> can somebody pls. answer my query directly? my main problem is that i
> cannot send email externally or other email address like yahoo. i can
> only send and receive emails locally.... anyone? pls help! thanks...

I am sure people will be glad to help you but you will need to do some
digging first, so that we have some info we can use. You will need to do
those telnet tests, one way or another. Here is a useful article:

http://www.MSExchange.org/pages/article.asp?id=674

Please see if you can connect to an external mailserver, preferably one on
which you have a POP3 account so you can go all the way to log into a POP3
account and list the emails. Chances are it is some kind if routing or
firewall issue you are running up against.

best regards
Mike