Email being replicated to users not in "to" field

  • From: fsibio@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 08:33:53 -0600

I am a newbie as an exchange administrator with an odd problem.  Running
Exchange 2000, with Symantec for virus protection.  I have 2 users that
are receiving email addressed to another user in the firm.  Their name is
not part of the "to" field in Outlook, yet they receive the email.  The
email is spam.  Where or how do I begin to figure this out?  Or, can
someone refer me to an article that would help.  I have made a copy of the
internet headers via Outlook/options for IP lookup.

Thank you for your help

Francine CCA