[ExchangeList] Re: Email and attachment size issues

  • From: "Phil Marcum" <nusolmc03@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 08:34:44 -0400

My deepest apologies to the list but it was late and I guess I should've double-checked before hitting send. What I'm confused on now is that I made the 20480 change at Global Settings\Transport Settings and thought this should've resolved it. I then checked my individual mailbox and saw that it was set to 5MB. After changing this the message made it through. So there really is no way to apply this globally for all users? Or am I missing something?
many tia...

Errm, unless you've typo'd your message you appear to have set the limits to 2Mb  (2048Kb). 20Mb would 20480Kb.
#550 5.2.3 RESOLVER.RST.RecipSizeLimit; message too large for this recipient ##rfc822;me@xxxxxxxxxxxx

The size of this particular message is 7MB and if I download the message from gmail to my laptop I'm able to forward it internally to my users. I've read up on content conversion and therefore understand that this 7MB file could be increased by 33%. This is why I increased everything to 20MB. I've also been advised that the limits have been raised at the spam filter to 20MB. I don't believe this so I'm trying to make sure I've done everything I'm suppose to on my end before I get into with anyone else.
Any responses appreciated.