[ExchangeList] Email Routing Help

  • From: "Jason Benway" <benwayj@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 09:13:02 -0400

-------------------------------------------------------We have a large exchange
It's a mix of 55,2000, and 2003 exchange servers.

On a 2003 exchange server for domain g.com I have a distribution list (
email contact@xxxxx that contains a contact. The contact's email address
is contact@xxxxxxxxxxxx which points to an internal SMTP server that
handles a web application.

Most of our other sites and divisions can all email the distribution
list's email address and it gets correctly route to the web applications
SMTP server.

But the one site running exchange 2000 cannot email the distribution
list. Their server returns this email:

      contact on 10/10/2006 10:14 AM
            The destination server for this recipient could not be found
in Domain Name Service (DNS).  Please verify the email address and
retry.  If that fails, contact your administrator.
But from the exchange 2000 site, they can ping server.g.com

There is a routing group connector between the two servers and emails
work between the to sites without a problem. It just seems to be
emailing the contact at contact@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Jason Benway
Network Services Manager
List Archives: http://www.freelists.org/archives/exchangelist/