[ExchangeList] Re: Email Archiving

  • From: "Jason Sherry" <Jason.Sherry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 17:30:32 -0400

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------In last month's, May,
Windows IT Pro Magazine I wrote an article that
reviewed six different archiving applications.  Quest Archive Manager
has added off-line and PST support since I reviewed their product.  They
also had the best looking UI.  Symantec's Enterprise Vault got the
Editors Choice Reward.

Other product reviewed were Mimosa System's NearPoint, which is also a
good backup\DR product for Exchange; GFI MailArchiver, very basic
product; C2C's Archive One, good product with lots of flexibility; and
Sherpa Software's Mail & Archive Attender (two products), you need both
to meet most archiving needs.

You can read it on-line at:
http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/49712/49712.html.

Unfortunately, ZANTAZ and EMC didn't respond to my request for an eval
version of their product within the timeframe needed, a month. I have
heard good things about ZANTAZ's solution, haven't ran across anyone
using the EMC one but that doesn't mean it isn't good also.

Jason Sherry - Pro Exchange http://www.theproexchange.com