Edbs on external hdd

  • From: "Tim Sutton" <T.Sutton@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:58:57 +0100

So, here's the situation: we're using a server that's so old I think my
grandma could have had a hand in building it and my pda has more storage
space... But I digress. Anyway, it's tiny and old and slow and there's
no chance of getting it replaced any time soon. In fact it's going to be
swapped for a "bigger one" from one of the London offices, but again I'm
getting side tracked with office politics! As a stop gap we've decided
that we're going to have to chuck an external hdd on it and move the
edbs over to that. My questions run something like this:

1) what issues should I be keeping my eyes open for when using this USB
hdd?
2) how tricky is it moving the edbs? I'm guessing it's just a case of
dismounting the edbs and telling exchange to move the to the "new"
drive.

I'm worried I'm missing something here, so please feel free to comment.
:D

Cheers, all.

For Troup Bywaters + Anders

Tim Sutton

T: +44 (0) 113 243 2241
F: +44 (0) 113 242 4024
E: t.sutton@xxxxxxxxxx
W: www.TBandA.com

Eastgate House
10 Eastgate
Leeds
LS2 7JL
Office Location Map

Groupshield 6.0 - Troup Bywaters & Anders
Privilege and Confidentiality Notice
This email and any attachments to it are intended only for the party to whom
they are addressed. They may contain privileged and / or confidential
information. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the
sender immediately and delete any digital copies and destroy any paper copies.
Thank you.