[ExchangeList] Edb Database Defragmentaion

  • From: Ahmad <shamshad.ishir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 13:28:24 +0530

Dear All,

I am using exchange 2003 . My Edb Database has grown aroung 50 GB :( . i need to defragment ( offline )the database . i have around 20 gb Left in exchange server . which wont let me defragment the database ( defragment requies 110% free space of the size of the database ) . just wanted to know if i can put another 100 GB USB HDD and do a defragmentation  . will it create any problem ..

and how often do you defragment the database

--
Regards,
Shamshad Ahmad