EXMERGE and ADC behaviour...

  • From: Christian.Schramm@xxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 09:55:45 +0200

Hello out there!

Following situation:

Exchange 2000 / Many Sites / Mixed Mode

One user is physically moving to another location. I want
to get his mailbox to the exchange server of the new
location. The servers are in different sites /
administrative groups. So far so good.

His source mailbox currently is on a legacy Exchange 5.5
server. The target is a Exchange 2000 server (different
site / administrative group)

His AD user object is already mailbox enabled (with the
legacy 5.5 mailbox)

Because we are in mixed mode, I can not just move his
mailbox to the E2K server within the same site and
afterwards move the mailbox to the E2K server in the
other administrative group. I think I have to do this
between the legacy 5.5 sites using EXMERGE.

As far as I know, EXMERGE can not create new mailboxes.
So I will have to create a new mailbox on the target 5.5
server. Now I am asking me if our Active Directory
Connector would recognize this new 5.5 mailbox (in a
different site) and attach it to the already existing
mailbox-enabled user-object?!? I do not want to create a
new user object because I would like to keep all the
existing attributes

Any idea?

Thanx in advance...

Christian S.