RE: EXCH 2000 Not Sending to some domains

  • From: "Rick Parsons" <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 22:01:09 +0100

Hi,

Recently had similar problems, I use ADSL with dynamic IP I cured the
problem by not using SMTP to send mail. I instead configured mail to
forward  to my ISP's SMTP server and the problem was solved. I think
that this is caused by a DNS problem, (I do not host my own DNS server).
All my clients that have a fixed IP address have no problem sending mail
by SMTP, the problem seems to rear its ugly head only if you are on a
dynamic IP address.

My problem address was AOL .com I received ok but could not reply or
send directly.

Hope this may help.

Regards,

Rick Parsons