EX2000 Smtp Virtual Server & ISA

  • From: "Jay Venner" <jayv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 16:32:41 -0600

Decommissioned the last EX 5.5 Server this past weekend. Getting mail
coming in from the Internet doesn't look like mail is getting of the
smtp-server (messages are being queued - remote delivery) message I'm
getting when I look at the queued messages is "Unable to bind to the
destination server in DNS. In EX5.5 - the IMS Connector was forwarding
mail thru an ISP - setup the smtp server with a smarthost. Read articles
on this site besides smarthost and external dns servers on the smtp
virtual server I have gone back and setup my dns server as a forwarder -
checked it from the ex2000 server with nslookup everything looked good -
setup protocol rules for SMTP and DNS and created a smtp server publishing
rule according to ISA Server SMTP Server Support article - IIS is running
on the same server as EX2000 and on no other server at this time. Does
anybody have any ideas what's going on - I could really use some help.