ESM

  • From: "Quincy" <durban56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:03:41 -0700

I NEED HELP!!!

I have two computers, computer A and computer B.

Comp. A was configured to be a DC (2k3)

Comp. B was setup as a stand alone server, which at the end will become an
e2k3 server.

****ALL NECESSARY SERVICES INSATALLED ON COMPUTER B****

On computer A (DC/GC) i ran forestprep. It installed with no problem.

On comp. B (stand-alone server) I ran domainprep, installed the ESM tool
(so I could create my admin. groups before running setup for exchange),
and then I ran setup without any proplems.

I went back to the DC/GC to mailbox enable the few users I had created in
ADUC, but when i right click the user I want to mailbox enable there
wasn't an "exchange task" option there.

Now my question:

***DO I HAVE TO INSTALL THE ESM TOOL ON BOTH THE EXCHANGE SERVER AND THE
DC/GC SERVER?***

Quincy