RE: ESEUTIL

  • From: Dêniz Feital (Chiptek) <dfeital@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 08:45:28 -0300

        Hello all.

        Yes, you can choose the drive where the temp file will be created.

        The free space you need to do defrag is actually the real internal
space used in Information Store, not the whole database file. Look at event
viewer to find out how much free space your information store rooms.

        Like Mark Dewell said, look for Event ID 1221 Source MSExchangeIS
Private. It will show "The database has xxxx megabytes of free space after
online defragmentation has terminated. If the remaining space is less than
your free space (for instace you have 3.17Gb free disk space, and your
database is 7.6Gb) If the event says "you have 5000Mb livre, it means you
have a real priv.edb hosting only 2.6Gb, so you can do defrag because 2.6Gb
is all you need (may be a little litlle bit more). Of course before
everything make a full backup (Id say offline backup for sure in this case)