Re: ESEUTIL

  • From: "Neil Hobson" <Neil.Hobson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 08:55:58 +0100

The recommended routine is to ensure the overnight Exchange maintenance takes
place - that's the online maintenance, not the running of ESEUTIL.  Trust me on
this one.

The only times it's worth compacting the database are:

1.  You've deleted loads of mailboxes and you'll recover a large amount of disk
space (in the GB region)

2.  You need to run ISINTEG for a specific reason.  Running ESEUTIL first is
good practice.

Neil Hobson
Silversands

http://www.silversands.co.uk