RE: E-Mail Limits

  • From: "White, Piers" <pwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 14:34:33 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan Nimori [mailto:nimorin@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 28 May 2002 18:52
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] E-Mail Limits - Re-Vamped!

I'm trying to get an idea of what limits to set on our exchange server.  I
was wondering if you could help me out by letting me know what limits were
set on your e-mail system.

Are you a company or educational institution? Software Development Company

Are you allowed to leave your messages on the server or do you have to
download all of your messages to your computer each time you read your mail?
Users can archive when they want but anything older than 90 days gets moved
automatically to a pst folder

How much are you allowed to store on your server? No limit

Do you have limitations on the number of days a message can remain on your
server? 90 days as above

Are you allowed to access your server from outside your local network? OWA
and VPN

Does your workplace have any e-mail filters in place that would deny you
certain types of messages or attachments? Damn straight......

Thanks in advance for your help. No problem :)