EMERGENCY!! Restoring a crashed exch5.5 to exch2k with a diff. domain name

  • From: "ntman4real" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 20:32:18 -0400

Ok here is the sceneriao:

A client I just aquired had a servers hdd crash hard.  The server was
running win2k with ad, as well as exch5.5.  The user has full backups up
until the night it crashed.

Here is what I want to do.  Reinstall win2k with active dir.  The old domain
name was domain.local...I want to make the server domain.com.  Then I want
to restore the exch5.5 backup(veritas) into exch2k that I set up on the same

So to sum it up I want to do 2 things.
1. Restore AD into a differently name domain and 2. Restore exch5.5 into win

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Mark M. Friedman A+, MCP, MCSA
Sands Technology Corp.
(954) 818-4203