RE: EMAIL scanning

  • From: "Susan Tackett" <susan_tackett01@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 13:43:31 -0500

Thank you for your responses. I think contacting a lawyer is a good idea. Exchange 200x-aware antivirus was the only content scanning software that was mentioned. I will check into that software. Are there any others that you can think of....I would like to research and present more than one option.

Thanks again for all of your help:)

Susan

From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: EMAIL scanning
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:53:41 -0500

http://www.MSExchange.org/

I think you should consult a lawyer; they're the ones that have to take this
to court and fight about it or defend it.

As for products that do this, have a look at Exchange 200x-aware antivirus
products that also do content scanning. You can have a look at content via
this type of mechanism and scan for virus signatures at the same time taking
care of two needs simultaneously.

Most companies I've seen work on the request system. They reserve the right
to request access to email for company purposes, but don't just grant
mailbox access to ever HS person they can find. Instead, an authorized
officer of the company makes the request to investigate or gather data about
somebody and then you collect the email and send it to them often without
the prior knowledge of the suspect. That's typically how I've seen it in
different companies, but it can vary by company.

Al