RE: EMAIL scanning

  • From: "Kenny Mann" <Kennymann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:54:57 -0600

Sign up for mail list.. That should fill'em up real quick.
Alternativly.. Encrytpion...

If they really want to read all the email, that will take a considerable
amount of time. They will probably need to hire someone, but if they do
it themselves, that shows just how much work they were doing before...

I would suggest a more social approach to this. Have the bosses of said
people sending those emails hover around, and check up on them. Ask them
if they need help and how it's going (IE: any problems, progress report,
etc).
I would then fire out an email saying what is appropriate and what is
not (in emails). Anyone caught doing otherwise will be punished (by
castration or written up.. But I prefer the first one.. But there are
legal issues with that...)
I've learned give people one chance, on the second time fire them on the
spot (or have their boss do it).
People will learn very quickly. That is a serious thing and can probably
get your company in trouble (if, for exmaple, someone is sending around
pornography and someone gets offended).

Being an exchange admin allows you to read all the emails you want,
however you are bound by morals not to unless you must (in my opinoin).
I would only look if you suspect someone of doing that. Check their sent
items, if they are smart enough to delete it, have you server keep mail
for 24 hours...

Just some thoughts... Any opinoins to these ideas?

Kenny Mann