E2k - best practice for directory import?

  • From: "Chris B" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 11:52:29 -0000

Hi guys,

I wonder if I can draw on your experience with manipulating the directory
for exchange 2000.  As an example, under 5.5 it was easy to go and say, add
an x500 address to each user if you needed to if you were doing a migraiton,
or add 2000 Custom Recipients with two email addresses to foward.

My question is, what's the best way to do this with e2k/AD?  With the
example above, would I have to ldifde export to a file, find all the users I
wanted to add a line inside the record area with proxyAddresses:
smtp:whatnot@xxxxxxxxxxx and keep doing it for each user?  it was much
easier in Excel :-)

Thanks for your advice!

Chris