E2K\AD Hirearchy Question.

  • From: <paul_lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 18:07:34 +0100

Hello all

I have a problem that I need help with please. Any help will be most gratefully
recieved.

What exactly is the logic behind the Exchange Organisation in E2K. I have a
user, who incidentally is also the person who installed AD and subsequesntly
E2K, and at every single hirearchy level in the Exchange System Manager he
shows a having his explicit permissions as inherited from above. Problem is,
what is above the Organsation level?????? I have searched though and AD users
and Groups and just everything I can think of. I have even run up ADSI Edit and
am totally stumped as to where these permissions are being inherited from?

Am I missing something or is something awry?  After all it would seem to me
that top of Organisation should mean just that but apparently it doesn't?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Paul Lemonidis.