E2K and BackupExec 8.6

  • From: "Alex Decarli" <decarli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 10:32:51 -0300

Hi

I'm trying to do mailboxes backup with Veritas Backup Exec 8.6 (all patches
applyed) in Exchange 2000 Server STD (Service Pack 2).
When I open BackupExec and try to attach microsoft exchange mailboxes, it
prompt for alias backup exec account or FQDN mailbox
of backupExec account.

The problem is when i type alias name of this account, it prompt for alias
again.
In Active Directory properties for this account, the alias is exactly equal the
typed.

With FQDN is the same problem. The account has a mailbox , send and receive
e-mail properlly.

could help-me please ?

Thanks

Alex Decarli