RE: E2K / Mixed Mode / Clients hang

  • From: Christian.Schramm@xxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 09:58:48 +0100

How many DC/GC do youth have in your environment, and in the site where the
Outlook 2000 user is located.

-          about 12 dc in the problematic child domain, thereof are 3 GC

But his can not be the problem! The whole AD child domain with DC/GC are
within the same subnet(s) and are not restricted by firewalls. There is open
communication inside the AD child domain.

The blocked network connection is between the new outlook 2000 / exchange
2000 clients and some (not all) of the older 5.5 servers. It seems the
clients want to communicate with exch5.5 servers which also are in a
mixed-mode site, means also having a 2000 exchange server in the site. Plain
old 5.5 sites don't want the client to contact.

Why does the client want to contact these 5.5 servers? I am also wondering,
because they should if at all talk to the exchange 2000 servers in other
sites?

  _____