RE: E2K / Mixed Mode / Clients hang

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 16:18:36 -0500

How many DC/GC do youth have in your environment, and in the site where the
Outlook 2000 user is located. Is the Exchange 2000 server located in the same
site where the Outlook 2000 users and DC/GC server located. From your symptoms,
it looks like your outlook 2000 client is not able to talk to the DC/GC as
provided by the Exchange server. Exchange 2000/Outlook 2000 is active directory
aware configuration, hence your client will try to resolve names directly from
the DC/GC. The best thing to do, identify which DC/GC is used by the troubled
outlook 2000 client. You can do this by opening the Tools - Address Book
-Options from your Outlook, select Global address List - Properties, this will
tell you which DC/GC is is the address book provider this client. If the client
is not able to talk to this DC/GC or if there is slow response from this DC/GC
you will see the symptoms you have explained.

Regards,