Re: E2K Backup & Arcserve 2K

  • From: "Cog Test2" <cogtest2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 22:20:20 +0000

u cannot back up the m drive as it is the virtual drive . and u r able to see it till the exchange is up and running .
u can back up information store.

From: "Kim Vandegrift" <kim.vandegrift@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [exchangelist] E2K Backup & Arcserve 2K
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:16:50 -0700

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Hi All,

System: Exchange 2000
        Arcserve Client & Arcserve Exchange Option

        I'm backing up everything on the exchange server except the M
drive

Problem:
        I'm getting the following warnings in my backup log:

AW0004 Failed to open file <D:\\Exchsrvr\\MDBDATA\\E00.log>. RC=32, The process cannot access the file
because it is being used by another process.
AW0004 Failed to open file <D:\\Exchsrvr\\MDBDATA\\E00tmp.log>. RC=32, The process cannot access the file
because it is being used by another process.
AW0004 Failed to open file <D:\\Exchsrvr\\MDBDATA\\priv1.edb>. RC=32, The process cannot access the file
because it is being used by another process.
AW0004 Failed to open file <D:\\Exchsrvr\\MDBDATA\\priv1.stm>. RC=32, The process cannot access the file
because it is being used by another process.
AW0004 Failed to open file <D:\\Exchsrvr\\MDBDATA\\pub1.edb>. RC=32, The process cannot access the file
because it is being used by another process.
AW0004 Failed to open file <D:\\Exchsrvr\\MDBDATA\\pub1.stm>. RC=32, The process cannot access the file
because it is being used by another process.

Does anyone know how to correct this? I thought that the Arcserve Exchange Agent allowed you to backup the Exchange database while the system is up and running. Is there something I am missing here? Some kind of configuration or something? I should be backing up the Information store in addition to doing a brick level backup right?

Thanks :-)

Kim