RE: E2003. mail now not sending at all

  • From: "Jason Lehrhoff" <JLehrhoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 09:58:44 -0400

Well, we aren't a relay. I went through that painful process about 5
years ago with Exch 5.5 (before anyone really knew about that
vulnerability)

I rebooted the mail server at 5:30am, and mail is now sending out. I am
concerned on why the 'degradation' of outgoing mail; and the mail that
was sent out yesterday and not received.

Also, I am starting to regret putting Windows 2003 Server SP1 on this
box.

My DNS configuration is something like:

Server.domain.org

All I have currently is a host record in internal DNS pointing that
above entry to the internal IP. Externally, there is a host record for
mail.domain.org (with reverse DNS )



-Jason
-----Original Message-----
From: John Tolmachoff (Lists) [mailto:johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] 
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 3:11 AM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: E2003. mail now not sending at all

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Actually did some more digging and looks like you have had those IP
address
since last May. The IP comes back listed on SPEWS, which no one should
be
using as a fail-stop.

John T
eServices For You


> -----Original Message-----
> From: John Tolmachoff (Lists) [mailto:johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 12:08 AM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] RE: E2003. mail now not sending at all
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> More food for thought; The IP of your mail server is known to be
associated
> with synergy6.net which is a known spammer.
> 
> John T
> eServices For You
> 
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: John Tolmachoff (Lists) [mailto:johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> > Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 12:01 AM
> > To: [ExchangeList]
> > Subject: [exchangelist] RE: E2003. mail now not sending at all
> >
> > http://www.MSExchange.org/
> >
> > Well, for one you have some MAJOR DNS issues that need to be
addressed
and
> > resolved. DNS has everything to do with e-mail delivery and
receiving.
> >
>
http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=healthcarechaplaincy.
org
> >
> > If message tracker is showing the messages being delivered to remote
SMTP
> > servers (What SMTP servers, the recipients domain?) then how can
that be
> > your problem?
> >
> > What are examples that you have that you can not send anywhere?
> >
> > Are you sending direct to the recipient domains, or are you using a
> gateway
> > or smart host?
> >
> > Is there a PIX in the loop with the SMTP Fixup Protocol enabled?
> >
> > Have you tried telenetting into a recipient server from the LAN?
From
the
> > DMZ? From the Exchange server in the DMZ?
> >
> > John T
> > eServices For You
> >
> >
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > > From: Jason Lehrhoff [mailto:JLehrhoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> > > Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 8:56 PM
> > > To: [ExchangeList]
> > > Subject: [exchangelist] E2003. mail now not sending at all
> > >
> > > http://www.MSExchange.org/
> > >
> > > I recently posted about hotmail.com. now it is any domain. can't
send
> > > email out. the message tracker goes as far as showing messages
being
> > > transfered to remote SMTP servers...
> > >
> > > I can receive mail, but not send anywhere. please help if you can,
> before
> > > I have to incur an expensive Microsoft call
> > >
> > > config: front end w2003 sp1/e2003 sp1 server in DMZ, backend w2003
> > > sp1/e2003 sp1 server on LAN. I have tried just about everything I
can
> > > think of...
> > >
> > >
> > > ------------------------------------------------------
> > > List Archives:
http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> > > Exchange Newsletters:
http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> > > Exchange FAQ:
http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> > > ------------------------------------------------------
> > > Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> > > World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com
> > > Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> > > No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
> > > Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> > > Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
> > > Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> > > ------------------------------------------------------
> > > You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion
List
as:
> > > johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > To unsubscribe visit
> > http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> > > Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------------------------
> > List Archives:
http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> > Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> > Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> > ------------------------------------------------------
> > Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> > World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com
> > Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> > No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
> > Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> > Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
> > Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> > ------------------------------------------------------
> > You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List
as:
> > johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > To unsubscribe visit
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> > Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives:
http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com
> Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
> Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
> Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List
as:
> johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit
http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx


------------------------------------------------------
List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
------------------------------------------------------
Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com
Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
------------------------------------------------------
You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List as:
JLehrhoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe visit
http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx








The HealthCare Chaplaincy is a multifaith community of professionals from many 
cultures dedicated to caring for persons in spirit, mind, and body. 

We are committed to excellence and leadership in pastoral care, education, and 
research.

Privileged/confidential information may be contained in this message.  If you 
are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of 
the message to such person), please notify the sender and do not copy or 
forward this message to any other person.




Other related posts: