Dynamicly Generated Email Signature file in Exchange 2000 (Event Sink ?)

  • From: "Patrick Cote" <Patrick.Cote@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 14:22:00 -0500

Greetings fellow Admins,

Has anyone even attempted this out there ?  A requirement has landed on my desk
to provide a common signature file for all of my 18, 000 users.  Obviously this
isn't STATIC data as Names, Phone, Fax, Addresses...ect will change for each
user.

I've looked into Event Sink and LDAP queries to AD.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317680

and

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;317327

Questions I have:

1)  What language should I use VB or VBS ?

2) Is that thesable or will the server take too much of a hit CPU or MEMORY
wise ?

3) What other options are out there, 3rd party included ?

4) Has anyone tried this and if so what has been your experience in the matter
?

I welcome any imput any of you might have...

Thanks,

Patrick Cote