[ExchangeList] Duplicate message delivery

  • From: "Chris Wall" <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 17:00:31 -0400

Hello all,

  Having an intermittent issue where when random internal users send an
external e-mail, the external recipient receives multiple copies.  The
first e-mail includes the full text and then the subsequent e-mails (up
to 6 at a time).

  The weird thing is that the duplicate messages truncate the most
recent text that was typed by the sender.  This is only occurring when
sending outbound.

  The duplicate messages do show up in the 'sent' items folder so I know
this is an exchange issue and not a SPAM filter or 3rd party product
causing the problem.

Any tips or ideas are much appreciated.  I am going back to searching
the web for any known issues now....

Chris Wall - MCSE + Messaging, MCSA
NAM Exchange Administrator
T (919) 460-3236