Duplicate Emails

  • From: <ChongJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 18:38:18 -0500

I have a user who sent out an email to 4 personal distribution groups
and these users are getting duplicate emails up to 15 so far. The
personal DL's have company users as well as external contacts. Did some
research and saw an article about duplicate emails caused by multiple
memberships and DL's expanding on diff exchange servers. However these
are personal DL's and assume expansion occurs before it's sent out to
the EX server. External contacts as well as internal users are getting
duplicates. User reports the interval around every 20 mins. Don't see
any issues in the event logs for where the user resides. We don't have
message tracking enabled as well so I can't go back to identify if these
messages have same message id. Anybody run into this before? Thanks.