RE: Dual or Quad for 4000 users

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 10:23:28 -0500

And what is the calculated IOPS per user?

Basing on what I know about other large deployments, I would guess that
you are probably OK assuming your disk subsystem can meet the IOPS load.

In the general case, as I'm sure you know, Exchange is I/O bound, not
processor bound.

Are you going to have a dedicated bridgehead server plus a couple of FE
servers? Seems like that would be a good idea too in this size of
deployment.