RE: Dual or Quad for 4000 users

  • From: "Dave A. Marquis" <dmarquis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 08:38:03 -0600

I guess it depends on how you are going to set up your mail boxes. We keep all
mail on the server and have about 30 users that have 1.5Gb store limit and the
rest have a 500mb store limit. The issue we have is that exchange wants to keep
the entire store in memory, which it can't, so there are times when it chuggs
on the raid to swap stuff in and out of memory.....  not the best thing in the
world, but it gives us the ability to read all email through owa.

Dave Marquis
St. Paul Radiology
Computer Systems Administrator