RE: Dual or Quad for 4000 users

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 23:10:59 -0500

I'm running about 1100-1200 mailboxes on a Dual Xeon 2.8ghz with 4 gigs
of ram .

Until recently, I had 400 gigs worth of stores.  Right now I'm down to
about 275gigs worth.  I think this server would easily handle another
1500-2000 mailboxes based on the memory/cpu utilization I've seen.  With
3.6 or 3.8ghz processors I think 4000+ users on a dual box would be
It should be noted this server has nothing on it except A/V and stores .
I have a front-end server as an SMTP/POP3/IMAP/OWA gateway.